How to Become a Doctor in India?
Today’s era, many people’s have dreams that they become a doctor in India.
Increasing population day by day in the world, people are getting sick too fast; in such a situation number of doctors is also increasing day by day.
Can’t decide any time to become a doctor, for this you have to make a goal from the beginning. You will also have to hard work and continuity on studies, so that you will become a successful doctor.
To become a successful doctor, one has to decide only after class 10th. Whether want to become a doctor or not, if yes, after 10th, student will have to choose biology subject in the class 12th.
Requirements to Become a Doctor
First of all it is very important to study to become a doctor as well as to have aggregate medical degree. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is one of the best medical degrees to pursue a career in the field of doctorate.
To do MBBS course; One has to qualify entrance examination for admission in medical colleges. There are many entrance examinations at all India and state level. Out of which, the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is one of the most popular entrance exam.
NEET Eligibility Criteria:
NEET is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in the every year in the month of April. In which questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects.
NEET exams application is held through the online, which will be started from the month of December.
NEET Exam Pattern:
The Examination is conducted through the offline medium and total 180 MCQ types’ questions asked; 45 questions in physics, 45 in chemistry and 90 questions in Biology subjects.
According to NEET marking scheme, prescribed 4 marks of each correct answer, and 1 mark dedicated for every incorrect answer.
The syllabus of exam will cover from the class 10th, 11th and 12th NCERT curriculum.
The NEET exam duration is 3 hours.
Students can choose one language in exam of any 11 languages: English, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Assamese and Tamil.
To take the NEET it is necessary to complete some eligibility criteria:
- Aspirants should have cleared 12th examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from any recognized or state board.
- At least 50% marks have to be obtained in every subject.
- Candidates must have less than 25 and more than 17 year.
How to prepare for becoming a doctor?
NEET exam covers 16 lakh students every year, out of which only 8 lakh students qualify and 40 thousand students’ takes admission in Government College. Crack the exams Pay attention to the NCERT book of class 11th and 12th.
Follow previous year’s exams question and preparation according to the syllabus.
Apart from all these, try to give online test series as well. Many students do not study according to their routine.
It is necessary to have continuity in studies. If you follow all these things then you can aggregate good percentage in NEET exam.
What to do After Qualifying NEET?
After qualifying the NEET exam, visit the official website of Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for online counselling. In which three colleges have to be selected during counselling.
After that MCC will check the eligibility marks, if the candidates become eligible.
Candidates will be informed by email or message as to which college has been allotted; Candidates can take admission in the same way.
If do not want to get admission in the college that you have got, then apply online in the second or third round of counselling.
Similarly, you can take admission in medical college to study to become a doctor.
How long do you study to become a doctor?
To become a doctor the course duration of MBBS course in college has 5.5 years, of which 4.5 years is academic, and 1 year internship. If one can complete all these process, they become doctor and MBBS degree is also obtained.
Want to study further doctor, then you can do post graduate from specific field. After that, Dr. gets put in front of your name.
How much money is needed to become a doctor in India?
To become a doctor it is necessary to study and get enrolled in college for study. One can get admission in the two types of medical colleges; Private or Government.
An annual fee of 25 to 30 thousand will be charged for taking admission in government colleges, in which scholarship is also provided. If take admission in private colleges then there will be annual fees charged around 16 to 25 lakh.
Top 10 Government & Private medical colleges in India
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Tamil Nadu
- Chandigarh University (CU), Chandigarh
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Karnataka
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC), Delhi
- Madras Medical College (MMC), Chennai
- Grant Medical College & J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
What is the scope of MBBS doctor in India?
It is not easy to become an MBBS doctor in India, a lot of hard work has to be done from the beginning. But MBBS degree is considered very prestigious, along with their salary is also in crores.
When you will become a doctor, practice yourself or do a government or private job in hospitals, pharmaceuticals and medical research centers.
Top Recruiters in India:
- Medanta Hospitals
- Fortis Healthcare Ltd.
- Sri Ganga Ram Hospital
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Apollo Munich Health Industries Co Ltd
- Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre
- Wockhardt Ltd.
- Cipla Ltd.
- Himalaya Drug Company
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Religare Health Insurance Company Ltd.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
You can also practice after becoming a doctor; it depends on your skills and experience. One can even open his own hospital or Medical Canter.
How much salary can you expect?
The starting salary of doctor in government sector INR 40 thousand to 2 lakh per months. The starting salary of private sector will be around INR 30 thousand to 5 lakh per months.
If you open your own hospital or medical center then the salary will be around 3 to 4 lakhs per month, but it all depends on your skills and experiences.
List of Medical Courses other MBBS
Apart from MBBS, there are many medical courses in which you can pursue a career after 12th.
- B.D.S (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) – 4 Years
- B.H.M.S (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) – 5.5 Years
- B.A.M.S (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) – 5.5 Years
- M.D (Doctor of Medicine) – 3 Years
- M.S (Master of Surgery) – 3 Years
- D.M (Doctorate of Medicine) – 3 Years
- B. Pharm. (Bachelor of Pharmacy) – 4 Years
- B. Sc Nursing – 4 Years
- B.P.T (Bachelor of Physiotherapy) – 4.5 Years
- B.O.T (Bachelor of Occupational Therapy) – 3 Years
- B.U.M.S (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery) – 5.5 Years
- D. Pharm. (Doctor of Pharmacy) – 2 Years
- B.M.L.T (Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology) – 3 Years
FAQ: How to become a doctor?
Q. How to become a doctor in the USA?
To become a doctor in USA follow these steps:
- Qualify high school diploma or equivalent exams.
- Aggregate bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on pre-med.
- After that you’ll take the MCAT or medical college’s entrance test based on your marks.
- If score good marks, you will attend medical school.
- This will take approximately four years and one year internship.
Q. How many years to become a doctor in India?
Pursue a career in the field of medical sector to becoming a doctor, the duration of MBBS course 4.5 year of academic qualification and 1 year internship.
Q. Steps on how to become a doctor?
Follow 5 steps to become a doctor in India:
- Firstly, must have Qualify class 12th exams from physics, chemistry, biology and English subjects.
- Aggregate at least 50% in every subject.
- To get admission in medical college, clear NEET entrance exams.
- After admission in medical college complete their studies and achieve medical degree from the Medical Counselling Committee.
- After all that processing you will become a doctor.
Q. How to become a doctor for the army?
To become a doctor in the Indian Army, as well as same process will have to clear the NEET exam and take admission in the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC). To get admission in AFMC, you have to qualify the interview as well as NEET exam, and then you can become a doctor in the army.
Q. Is it hard to become a doctor?
Nothing anything’s hard in life, if you follow your dreams with full interest and passion. There is nothing one can stop to become a successful doctor in life.
This is the complete information about “How to become a doctor in India after 12th“.
In this post we have provided the best way to become a successful doctor in India and get a job abroad.
After adopting the complete information about how to become a successful doctor in India? You can inquire about these topics by ask through commenting.
You like these articles don’t forget to share with friends.
Thanks for visiting…