In today’s era, many people have dreams that they become a doctor in India. Increasing population day by day in the world, people are getting sick too fast; in such a situation, doctors’ demand also increases day by day.
To become a successful doctor can’t decide any time; you have to make a goal from the beginning. Also, have to work hard, continuity with determination on studies, so that you will become a successful doctor in the world.
One has to decide only after class 10th. Whether you want to become a doctor or not, if yes, after 10th you will have to choose a biology subject in the class 12th.
Requirements to Become a Doctor
First of all, it is essential to continue studying to become a doctor and achieve a medical degree.
At that time, the MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) is one of the most popular medical degrees to pursue a doctorate career.
- 5 Best High Salary Courses After 12th Science PCM 2023
- Top 5 Toughest Course in India for Brilliant Students 2023
What to do to Achieve an MBBS Degree?
First of all, you have to clear class 12th or equivalent Examination from any restructured board and crack the NEET entrance exam for medical colleges’ admission.
There are many medical entrance examinations at all Indian and state level, but the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is one of the most powerful.
NEET Eligibility Criteria:
NEET is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) every year in April. In which will ask questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects.
NEET exams application is held online, which will be started in December.
NEET Medical Entrance Exam Pattern
The Examination is conducted offline.
The total duration of the NEET exam is 3 hours.
A total of 180 MCQ types questions were asked [ 45 questions in Physics, 45 Chemistry, and 90 in Biology subjects ].
Each correct answer prescribed only four marks and one mark dedicated for every incorrect answer.
The syllabus of exams will cover the class 10th, 11th, and 12th NCERT curriculum.
You can choose any one language in an exam of 11 languages: English, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Assamese, and Tamil.
How to prepare for becoming a doctor?
Every year more than 16 lakh students appear in NEET exams, out of which approx. Eight lakh students crack this exam. At the same time, 40 thousand students get admission in Government Colleges for being a doctor.
- Crack the exams Pay attention to the NCERT book of class 11th and 12th.
- Follow the previous year’s exams question and preparation according to the syllabus.
- Apart from all these, try to give online mock test series as well.
- Many students do not study according to their routine.
It is necessary to have continuity in studies. If you follow all these things, then you can achieve a good percentage in NEET exam.
What to do After Qualifying NEET?
After qualifying for the NEET, visit the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) official website for online counseling, in which three colleges have to be selected.
After that, MCC will check your required marks. If you will be eligible for admission to medical colleges, then informed by email or message, and take admission in the same way.
If you do not want to get admission to the college you have got, then apply online in the second or third round of counseling. Similarly, you can take admission to a medical college.
How Long Do You Study to Become a Doctor?
The MBBS course duration is 5.5 years [ 4.5 years is academic and one-year internship ].
If you can complete all these procedures, they become a doctor and obtain an MBBS degree.
Want to study further, then you can pursue a career in post-graduate from a specific field. After that, Dr. gets put in front of your name.
How much Money is Needed to Become a Doctor in India?
There are two types of medical colleges: first of all private and second government but I would say that you should get admission in government colleges.
Government colleges offer many opportunities in the future, and their value is more than private colleges.
The average fees of government colleges approx. 5 to 10 lakh per year, in which scholarship is also provided. And the average expenses of private colleges will be around 16 to 25 lakh per year.
List of Top 10 Government & Private medical colleges in India
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Tamil Nadu
- Chandigarh University (CU), Chandigarh
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Karnataka
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC), Delhi
- Madras Medical College (MMC), Chennai
- Grant Medical College & J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
What is the scope of MBBS doctors in India?
It is not easy to become an MBBS doctor in India. A lot of hard work and determination has to be done from the beginning. But an MBBS degree is considered very prestigious, along with their salary is also in crores.
When you become a doctor, practice yourself or do a government or private job in hospitals, pharmaceuticals, and medical research centers.
Top Recruiters in India:
- Medanta Hospitals
- Fortis Healthcare Ltd.
- Sri Ganga Ram Hospital
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Apollo Munich Health Industries Co Ltd
- Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre
- Wockhardt Ltd.
- Cipla Ltd.
- Himalaya Drug Company
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Religare Health Insurance Company Ltd.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
You can also practice after becoming a doctor; it depends on your skills and experience. One can even open his hospital or Medical Center.
How much salary can you expect?
The starting salary of a doctor in the government sector is 40 thousand to 2.8 lakh per month, and the private sector will be around INR 30 thousand to 5 lakh per month.
If you open your hospital or medical center, then the salary will be around 3 to 30 lakhs per month, but it all depends on your skills and experiences.
List of Top Medical Courses other MBBS
Apart from MBBS, there are many medical courses in which you can pursue a career after 12th:
- B.D.S (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) – 4 Years
- B.H.M.S (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) – 5.5 Years
- B.A.M.S (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) – 5.5 Years
- M.D (Doctor of Medicine) – 3 Years
- M.S (Master of Surgery) – 3 Years
- D.M (Doctorate of Medicine) – 3 Years
- B. Pharma. (Bachelor of Pharmacy) – 4 Years
- B. Sc Nursing – 4 Years
- B.P.T (Bachelor of Physiotherapy) – 4.5 Years
- B.O.T (Bachelor of Occupational Therapy) – 3 Years
- B.U.M.S (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery) – 5.5 Years
- D. Pharm. (Doctor of Pharmacy) – 2 Years
- B.M.L.T (Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology) – 3 Years
FAQs: How to Become a Doctor?
- How to become a doctor in the USA? To become a doctor in USA follow these steps:Qualify high school diploma or equivalent exams.
Aggregate bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on pre-med.
After you’ll take the MCAT or medical college’s entrance test based on your marks.
If you score good marks, you will attend medical school.
This will take approximately four years and one-year internship.
- How many years does it take to become a doctor in India? MBBS is the most trending way to become a doctor in India, and it takes a total of 5.5 years.
- Steps on how to become a doctor?Follow five simple steps to become a doctor in India:
must have Qualified class 12th exams from physics, chemistry, biology, and English subjects.
Aggregate at least 50% in every subject.
To get admission in medical college, clear NEET entrance exams.
After admission to medical college, complete their studies and achieve a medical degree from the Medical Counselling Committee.
After all that processing, you will become a doctor.
- How to become a doctor for the Army? To become a doctor in the Indian Army and the same process will have to clear the NEET exam and take admission in the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC). To get access to AFMC, you have to qualify for the interview and NEET exam, and then you can become a doctor in the Army.
- Is it hard to become a doctor? Nothing’s hard in life if you follow your dreams with genuine interest and passion. There is nothing one can stop to become a successful doctor in life.
- At what age MBBS is completed?The MBBS course duration is 5.5 years, and the age limit is 25 to 30 years. Now, 5.5 years after participating in this program, I will complete it.
- How to become a doctor in India after the 10th?After 10th, choose science stream with biology subjects and qualify NEET entrance exam with better marks. After all that, you will get the best medical colleges and complete your studies from there to become a doctor.
This is the complete information about “How to become a doctor in India“. In this notification, we have provided the best way to become a successful doctor in India and get a job abroad.
After adopting this complete information about how to become a successful doctor in India? You can inquire about these topics by asking through commenting.