The message writing formats are the same for classes 5, 6, 7 and 8, only difference is that different class exams are a bit of a tough question but in reality the same as all classes. Once you learn how to write messages, then you can easily format messages for any class. Message writing format is scoring topics for students and if you want achieve full marks so understand important points, topics and format of message writing.
What is Message Writing Format?
Message writing is a means of conveying information from one person to another for any reason. Sometimes the medium of the message is telephonic, but the person to whom the message is intended is not available, then another person receives the message and gives it to the other in written format.
Message Writing Format Sample
Make sure to follow these five points in message writing format:
- Heading: At the top, the “MESSAGE” will be written in bold and capital letter in the middle of the format.
- Date & time: At the bottom, left of the page, write the date and right hand side write the time, The day you are writing the message.
- Salutations: Before writing the main content (body) of the message, it is very important to address the reader so that one avoids making any mistake and appears polite.
- Body: This is the main content of writing the message, provide all the information that you will have to tell the person you are unable to contact. Include all important information in it so that it attracts the attendant.
- Addresser: When you have written the body of the message, on the left side of the page, write your name or what is given in question, so that the reader can know who has sent the message.
Remember Key Points of Message Writing Format
- Message should always be enclosed in a box.
- Word limit should not exceed 50 words.
- Use appropriate language that the reader is comfortable reading.
- Don’t make grammatical accuracy and spelling mistakes.
- Include the correct date and time when composing the message.
Marking Scheme of Message Writing Format
A question of message writing format is total 5 marks asked in CBSE, ICSE and State board examinations from the English subject of the grammar portion.
- Format: 1 mark
- Content: 2 marks
- Fluency and accuracy of language: 2 marks
Message Writing Format Solved Questions
You are Rajan, receive a phone call from your father’s office Mr Rahul when his absence. Draft the message not more than 50 words following this conversation when you will going to library.
Mr Rahul : Hello, is this 98417854XX?
Rajan : Yes. May I know who’s calling?
Mr Rahul : I am Rahul Singha. Can I talk to Mr Agrawal?
Rajan : Father is not at home. Do you have any message for them?
Mr Rahul : Yes, please tell him to come to office tomorrow at 11 am, there is a urgent meeting with the manager. Could you please give him this message?
Rajan : Okay, I’ll give him this message.
Mr Rahul : Thank you.
17th April, 20XX 10:00 am
Mr Rahul called from your office on telephone saying that the inform tomorrow will be urgent meeting with manager at 11 am.
You are Rohit, receive a phone call from Sumit, today you had the following telephonic conversation of Sumit, a friends of your elder brother. Write a brief message for your brothers when you will have go for playground.
Suggest: Letter Writing Format
Sumit : Hello, is this 87689546XX?
Rohit : Yes. May I know who’s calling?
Sumit : I am Sumit, a friend of Karan. Where is he?
Rohit : He has gone to father’s office. Can i help you?
Sumit : Oh, sure. Please tell him that today he will be taking math notes and geometry box in tuition class because tomorrow will be math test. Could you please give him this message?
Rohit : Okay, I’ll give him this message.
Sumit : Thank you.
08th March, 20XX 10:00 am
Sumit had called upon you, when going to father’s office. He had inform that, today you will bring math notes and geometry box in tuition class because tomorrow will be math test.
You are ishika, going to tution class, and just receive a phone call from your father’s and told that he would be late and that he would not be able to attend dinner because of an important meeting. Write a message to inform your mother, who has gone to meet her friend at her house.
15th November, 20XX 12:30 pm
The father called to tell that he would be late from the office due to an important meeting, adding that they would not be able to attend the dinner either.
Practice Question of Message Writing
Question: You are Prince, receive a phone call from your brother’s friend Kunal. Write the message not more than 40 words Including this conversation when you will going to tuition class.
Suggest: Advertisement Writing Format
Kunal : Hello is this 96876345XX?
Prince : Yes. May I know who’s calling?
Kunal : I am Prince. Can I talk to Pranav?
Prince : He is not at home yet, can i help you?
Kunal : Yes, Please tell him that today math class will start 1 hour late as teachers will come late. Can you give him this message
Prince : Okay, I’ll give him this message.
Kunal : Thank you.
Message Writing Format for All Classes
CBSE and ICSE board exams, the question of “message writing format” is captured from the grammar section.
Many students are confused how to convey the message writing format and collect full marks.
You follow the top five points above and always include a message writing format fitted in a rectangular box with includes a valuable line and try to write short messages.
There are the same patterns for all classes of message writing format.