What is MCA course, duration, fees, salary and best colleges, this all types of questions searches on internet after qualifying higher education.
Basically, MCA course prescribed for better results on those aspirants intrested in the field of computer and technology.
Through this articles we will provided what is MCA course, duration, fees, best colleges, salary and best ways to implement your carrer in the field of Master of Computer Application.
What is MCA Course?
Master of computer application is called MCA. It is three year postgraduate courses for those aspirants who want to pursue a career in the field of computer and technology. MCA course can be done after completing BCA, B.Sc., or B.Com.
MCA is taught about all things related to information technology like software developing, website designing and updating of computer programming language. In addition, the MCA curriculum also mentions the development of better tools for advanced applications.
|Level||Post Graduate [PG]|
|Average Fee||INR 80,000 to 3 Lakh|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Google, Microsoft and Amazon|
MCA Course Duration
The duration of the MCA course is 3 years and it divided into six semesters, each completed into 6 months.
The first year of the MCA aspirants focus on skill development, the second year focuses on the conceptual framework and the third year focuses on specialization & project work.
Eligibility Criteria for MCA Course
Some eligibility criteria for admission in MCA courses:
- It is necessary to complete a graduate course from BCA, BSc, B.Tech or B.Com with 50% marks.
- Aspirants should have Mathematics in class 12th and Undergraduate.
Final year aspirants can also apply for MCA course.
There are two ways to get admission in MCA colleges:
- Direct admission: In some colleges and universities get admission on the basis of marks, but for this also the merit list is extracted and the name of candidates appears in the merit list is Admission.
- Entrance exam: Most colleges and universities are admission through the entrance examination and have to qualify this exam. In this exam questions asked from mathematics, analytics ability, logical reasoning, computer awareness, and general English.
List of MCA entrance exam conducted:
There are many examinations conducted in India for admission to MCA courses, some of which are given below:
- National Institute of Technology Common Entrance Test (NIMCET)
- Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology (IIST)
- Vellore Institute of Technology MCA Entrance Exam (VITMEE)
- Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET)
- Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (AP ICET)
- Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TS ICET)
MCA Course Fees
How much fees will be required for MCA colleges. It depends on the college / university in which college you will take admission. The average fees of MCA course will be INR 40 thousand to 3 lakh.
MCA Subjects & Syllabus
Semester 1 | 1st Year
- Problem solving and programming
- Computer organisation and assembly language programming
- Discrete mathematics
- System analysis and design
- Communication skills
- Internet concepts and web design (lab)
- Lab course
Semester 2 | 1st Year
- Data and file structures
- Operating systems concept
- Introduction database management systems
- Objects oriented technology and java programming
- Lab course
Semester 3 | 2nd Year
- Design and analysis of algorithms
- Object oriented analysis and design
- Advance discrete mathematics
- Software engineering
- Accountancy and financial management
- Laboratory course
Semester 4 | 2nd Year
- Operating system
- Data communication and network
- Advance database management systems
- Mini project
- UNIX and DBMS lab
Semester 5 | 3rd Year
- Advance internet technologies
- Computer Graphics and Multimedia
- Laboratory courses (Advance internet technologies & Computer Graphics & Multimedia)
- Artificial Intelligence and Knowledge Management
- Numerical and Statistical Computing
- Parallel Computing
Semester 6 | 3rd Year
Top 10 best MCA colleges in India
- Department of computer science, Savitribai Phul, Pune University
- School of Computer and Systems Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Department of Computer and Information Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra Ranchi
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Ahmedabad
- PSG College Of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
- Lovely Professional University Phagwara, Punjab
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
During the final year of the course, aspirants can choose any option:
- System development
- Application Software
- System engineering
- Hardware technology
- Management information system
- Web development/ designing
- Networking Management
- Information System
When completing MCA degree in the last semester, apply for internship.
Many companies in which you can apply for internship. This will give you a lot of knowledge about industries and salary will start. If you want to do some kind of job by yourself, then there are many companies that provide jobs.
Top recruiters companies
Top trending companies in the world hiring MCA aspirants:
American express, BHEL, Cognizant, Google, HCL, HP, Microsoft, NTPC, GAIL, IBM, Infosys, Snapdeal, TCS, Wipro, Flipkart, Apple, Dell.
Top requirement sectors
Software Companies, Government Agencies, Banking Sector, School & Colleges, Technical support in various companies, Networking Companies and E-commerce companies.
- Software engineer
- Software developer
- Software programmer
- Software application architect
- Team leader
- Project manager
- Senior technical consultant
The starting salary of MCA aspirants is around INR 20 to 40 thousand per month.
Gradually the salary will increase based on the skills and experiences in this field. At the same time if you work in a big company, then get 3 to 10 lakhs per year.
Suggest: What is MBA Course and Best Colleges
When working outside India, you can get salary of about 4 to 12 lakhs per year.
This all things depend upon your skills and experiences. If your experience is well you will get a good placement with high package.
FAQ: MCA Course
Q1. How many years of MCA course?
A1. MCA course is complete in three years. It is a post graduate degree course, consists of six semesters and each completed into six months.
Q2. Which course is best after MCA?
A1. After doing MCA course one can do any of the following courses:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science
- Master of Technology
Q3. Which course is best MCA or MBA?
A1. MCA and MBA both are master degree course. After doing MCA course pursue a career in the IT sector and taught web designing, software development. After doing MBA one is taught about leadership, administration and management career. Now it depends upon you want to go into the IT or business sector.
Q4. Is MCA a 2 year course?
A4. No, MCA (master of computer application) is three years post graduate course and it consists into 6 semesters.
Q5. What is the salary after MCA?
A5. After aggregate MCA degree, the average salary will be 25 to 60 thousand, if there is placement outside India, and then it will be about 4 to 5 lakhs annually. It’s all depends upon skills and experiences.
This is the all about MCA course duration, eligibility, salary, fees, top colleges etc.
Pursuing a carrer in this field lots of opportunities touches to your faced like respects, high salary and also get a chance to work abroad.
Regarding to any doubt about MCA course, fees, salary, future opportunities then ask through commenting.